The Newcastle University Student Environment Club ( NUSEC ) was founded by a group of University of Newcastle students interested in the environment and sustainability of their local community in 2011. NUSEC has since evolved into a more social club, maintaining their initial goals whilst also broadening their focus to include activities such as campus based environmental campaigns, regular social gatherings, and adventure conservation activities.
We are a group whom:
- support, educate and inspire students across the University with a passion to be involved in
the improvement of environmental conservation, management and sustainability practices
- provide social networking and volunteering opportunties for members
- help out local organisations with clean ups and conservation projects
- join in on important environmental campaigns to help spread the word about sustainability
- assist the National Parks and Wildlife Service and the University of Newcastle with bush regeneration efforts
- basks in the beauty in some of the state’s most captivating nature reserves
- i.e. bushwalking, camping, spotlighting, sightseeing, you name it!
Comments/queries/complaints? Talk to us!
P.S.: If you're a graduate, staff member, or non-student you are of course welcome to join us too!